Monday, June 16, 2008

Marathon Runners

Aaah! Eight thirty to five in office… oh gosh please bypass coming five days… It’s Monday morning. Same cubical, same boss, same cabins and same people all seems to be a varicose vein in my peaceful life which tries to shriek into the silence of weekend. I am an internee not an employee. I want to practice my engineering skills like a student not like an athlete of greedy marathon who is preparing himself before the patting of gunshot. I want to enjoy the life... so go hell with intern!!!

It’s no one among us and not our company but this could be one of us & could happen to his company if he is not a Beca Boy. My experience speaks only one sentance that being a Beca Boy is really a fun...

Mummy don’t wake us in morning with glass full of milk which we struggle but with the shouts coming out of the opened mouth of our yawning daddy Mr. Kothari, “Get up boys… Its 8:10 and bhardwaj your buddy is waiting for you at 8:30”. Same reply from me in a new act & stupid excuses which indicates that it makes full sense if I wake at 8:20. At the same time two toilets get occupied by Kothari and bed partner Talwar. Some supreme powers help me out to leave my bed by 8:25 am and luckily Talwar takes 15 minutes maximum to do his daily basic cleaning. I don’t know how but daily hypovigilantly I leave at 8:30 with a warning to sodhi ‘Yaar sodhi 8:30 ho gaye… main jaa rha hun… uth ja yaar…’. I feel myself as Sir Edmund Hillary who climbs first at Mt. Beca but to my surprise at the peak of this mountain my smiling buddy is always waiting for me. I remain unaware about the happening of JANNAT. But I know the reporting time of Kothari, Talwar, Sodhi and Rancho which reamin in same chronological order but at different point of time. Eventually all of us reach to office by 9:45 am. This is how our day starts during working day when we are supposed to come to office before 8:30.

We enjoy liberty of arrival and follow the same while departing back. I have chiseled the boundary of departure at 5:00 pm but Talwar is too eager to break it by leaving office about 4:15. Eventually we all are back by 5:45 but exceptionally , sodhi works in office till 6:30pm. We know the only fact that he is too fascinated by the males of NZ but we are still searching for some other reason if it exists.

Our Lunch timing is 12 to 1 pm which is very flexible and we generally extend it to 1:30 pm and occasionally to 2pm. No matter that these occasions come very often. Oh! My god this lunch remind me of the morning tea at 10 am which takes 30 minutes of our office hours & evening fruits which have an unavoidable right of 30 minutes over our office hours. In short, we are supposed to work 8 hrs daily in office according to our timesheet which effectively comes out to be 4:30 hrs in practical.




Leave this Food world of Liberty and Flexibility, and focus on the weekends because we don’t have any problem in spending our time in office while eating and chanting. Five weeks have been passed out of 12 weeks of our intern and we haven’t found any downfall in our journey. Every weekend bring a bigger package of fun than the previous one. Step by step progress of our weekends is as follows:
First week -> Rangitoto Island
Second week ->Taupo & Rotorua
Third week -> South Island
Fourth week -> Waiheke Island
Fifth week -> Waitomo Caves & Australia

We all know that these 12 weeks will not come back to our life when our soul is neither greedy nor selfish. In future, we all will work independently for our future. Intentionally or unintentionally we all have to join the marathon with greed runners where money will writhes ours unselfish soul. Most of us afraid to be a part of the marathon whose winners can never be decided. So, we are ignoring such selfish future and enjoying the recent time at its full flaws while waiting for pat of gun which is at least 12 months away from all of ours childish soul!!

No comments: